Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wandering the Marais in the Morning

Turns out this area of Paris is deserted in the early morning, sleepily drags its coffee tables out onto the pavements and only reluctantly wakes up. Not so, all we jet-lagged tourists! I did manage an impromptu visit to Notre Dame de Paris, with a handful of fellow insomniacs, in the morning peace and quiet. Just us and the cleaners.

I've already seen so many great town bikes chained up to fences and posts all over the area, that I've decided to include a photo of my favourite Velo du Jour every post!

On the political front, it looks like Anglo-French relations have also improved considerably from my previous recollections and hundreds of years of enmity. Liz's hand actually waves. I may yet have to include a daily item of kitsch.


No comments:

Post a Comment