Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Opening Doors

Did lots of walking today as a friend who lives here in Paris took me on a walking tour of some of the galleries hidden behind the grand gates in the back streets of the Marais – it’s really useful to be told about these places as you’d have to look very carefully indeed to even realize they existed. (Of course I have trodden the Rue Vieille du Temple and adjacent streets quite a few times since I arrived, but on at least one occasion we were in search of a cocktails not culture).

The huge wooden street doors open up onto unexpected courtyards – this is the elegant staircase of Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin on Rue de Turenne. Did I mention that none of the galleries were open – you guessed it (altogether now) fermée pour le congés.

September’s shaping up to be a busy month!


Photographed lots of great street art today, which will no doubt make its way onto the blog at some point. Love this one of Stewart’s – I recognise that sentiment, though I did manage to buy my first pair of boots in years this winter!



And finally, after pounding the pavement all afternoon, is it any wonder my attention was drawn to alternative modes of transport – both of these quite eco-friendly in their different ways.











Beautiful bouquets of flowers have been springing up all over the city today. This one in Rue de Geoffrey L'Asnier marks the 66th Anniversary of the Liberation of Paris today.

No comments:

Post a Comment