Thursday, August 5, 2010

Taking on the (Other) Tourists - Beaubourg



Took a stroll up to the 2ème today for lunch, through what seems to be the Garment District, full of grand, warehouse buildings reminiscent of parts of New York. Although I made it up there without encountering the crowds, on the way back I found myself unintentionally in the centre of Beaubourg and then the back streets of the Hotel de Ville and the Marais - packed with summer visitors.

This amazing vertical garden deserves to be more than a men's store shop front on Rue de la Verrerie. This reminded me that one of the things I am keen to see in Paris is the the Promenade Plantee, the reclaimed railway line.


Continuing the green theme, I spotted this poster and the improvised advertising for this tiny bar in one of the lovely laneways in Beaubourg - minutes from the throngs, but so calm and empty.


And finally this shop window full of amazing giant knitted vegetables - surely today's candidate for the kitsch page!


No comments:

Post a Comment