Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Afternoon on the Promenade Plantée

Spent a leisurely afternoon spent walking on the Promenade Plantée from the Opera Bastille, where I discovered some interesting views from the vantage point above street level.

The facade of the Police Station at the 12ème is really just elaborate advertising for the real thing at the Louvre, I'm sure.


In other parts of the city, the High Summer excitement is really tangible; I caught the bus home last night alongside the Seine and the streets were buzzing with people attending an open air concert in front of the Hotel de Ville and generally milling around enjoying the twilight and pleasant European summer weather (though personally, I'm finding it a bit cool after the sauna that was Hong Kong).

Believe it or not, it was the first time I've really been aware of just how much nightlife is going on just outside the gates of the Cite! Note to self, must get out more...


No comments:

Post a Comment