Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cite and Surrounds - First Impressions

Well, I made it! Stumbled in at 6am this morning. Paris welcomed me with a sparkling blue-sky day, though it seems quite fresh after steamy south-east Asia.

I must admit, I had forgotten just how beautiful and charming Paris can be - quaint, rickety buildings, cobbled streets and the ubiquitous town bikes.

Am also delighted to see that Franco-American relations are clearly back on track and dozens of American tourists are in evidence taking in the Parisian air in the cafes at St Paul. It all seems very leisurely after the furious pace of Hong Kong!



2 comments:

  1. Hi there! We have to see you before the end of the week! How's the jetlag doing?

    My offices are within walking distance of where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the Obama cushion cover Cath! Tres kitsch.
    Roxy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete