Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Amongst a couple of other exhibitions today, I visited Anaïs Lelièvre’s installation on the charming lake in the one of Paris’ largest parks - Buttes Chaumont.

I’d wanted to visit the park in the north-east of the city, since I read that there was a spectacular sunset to be seen this time of year, with the sun disappearing behind the splendid dome Sacre Coeur in the distance. I didn’t make it for dusk unfortunately, but enjoyed the Flottement Cellulaire on my daytime visit instead.

I was amused to see several groups of Tai Chi enthusiasts, just like I’d seen in the parks in Hong Kong. I just love the idea of doing Tai Chi in a huge group on the Kowloon foreshore, looking over at Hong Kong’s spectacular skyline – though I think I’d like to start with the fans (they make such a great noise as they are flicked open and closed). Think I might leave the ceremonial swords until I practise a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment